· By Becca Brown
Bloody Orange cocktails for Spooky Season
All Hallows Eve is almost upon us, and while we might be too old for Trick or Treating and consuming our body weight in Haribo Tangfastics gathered from neighbours, it still doesn't mean the kids get to have all the fun.
We've taken inspiration from our favourite Spooky scent "Bloody Oranges" and found some simple and delicious Blood Orange cocktail recipes. So pop on your favourite horror film, rustle up one of our bloody delicious concoctions and enjoy a spookily tasty Halloween weekend.
Blood Orange & Elderflower Gin Ghoul
The refreshing elderflower gin cocktail gets a pop of colour and flavour with the addition of blood orange juice.
- 25ml gin
- 15ml St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- 10ml lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 60ml ginger ale, chilled
- 25ml blood orange juice, fresh squeezed
- In a glass, combine gin, St. Germain, lime juice, and ginger ale. Top glass with ice. Slowly pour in blood orange juice. Garnish with blood orange slices and fresh lemon thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Bone Chilling Blood Orange Frozen Daiquiri
A frozen drink may not be the obvious choice as we head into winter, but you'd be surprised how well this goes down when you're all warm and cosy at home curled up on the sofa, give it a go.
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons organic cassava syrup or simple syrup
- 25ml ounce vanilla rum
- 25ml Chambord or black raspberry liqueur
- 1.5 cups ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for about 30 seconds until fully blended. Pour into chilled glass and serve immediately
An autumnal twist on a Summer Classic. This cocktail is delicious, super easy to make, and best of all, made in batches so you can keep a jug in the fridge for guests (or later)
- 3 freshly squeezed blood oranges
- 1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
- Some sugar syrup to taste
- 1/3 cup of Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup of sparkling water
- Blood orange slices to serve
- In a large pitcher combine the wine, blood orange juice, syrup, Triple Sec and sparkling water. Stir well to combine then pour over ice and garnish.