· By Becca Brown
Vegan Iced Coffee for St Patrick's Day
Happy St Patricks Day!
This year to celebrate, we’ve put down the pints, stepped away from the Guinness, and opted instead for a delicious, tasty and warming Vegan Irish Coffee.
Don’t be scared off by the Vegan part, it’s super-duper delicious and kinder to the planet, plus the addition of that coco-nutty flavour gives it a yummy added twist.
With only 3 ingredients it’s simple to make too, the perfect St Patricks Day cocktail! And If you’re not a big whiskey fan then switch it out for a different spirit, there’s no rules here really, so try rum or a booze free alternative.
For the coconut whipped cream:
- Half a can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge for at least 12 hours
- Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Vegan Irish Coffee:
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee
Make the coconut whipped cream
- Spoon the white, solid layer off of the top of the can of coconut milk and beat at medium speed until it forms stiff peaks (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the coffee, whiskey, and sugar (if you like it sweet) into a mug or heatproof glass. Stir to combine (if adding sugar, take care to stir until dissolved).
- Spoon coconut whipped cream over the top and enjoy!